Sunday, September 22, 2013

- Hands on Workshop @ Phoon Huat -

Last Wednesday, I just tried a hands-on workshop at Phoon Huat - Sims Lane and I love it! I've never tried a full hands on classes at CC so far. I did a so-called hands on, but you only get a small portion of what you did, but here at Phoon Huat, you get to measure most of the ingredients yourself! The instructor will guide you first step by step on the recipe first, any alterations or questions of substitution on ingredients. Then you measure out the ingredients, and mix it yourself. Of course, the instructor will be there to give some help and adjustment (if needed).

I will definitely do this again if I see any interesting recipes!

Here are the stuff made!


Toasted Mushroom & Onion Bread
The bread is a mix of bread flour, rye flour and ... potato flake! Giving it a soft and fluffy bread even on the 2nd and 3rd day! The bread didn't last long of course... both were all gone by 2nd day afternoon!
Mississipi Mud Pie with Maple cream frosting & Chocolate topping
This Mud pie is a winner! It's a Oreo base pie, with dark chocolate filling which was not overly sweet... The whole family loved it! After my hubby tried one slice, he asked me ... "So,when are you going to make the mud pie?" (Even with 1/4 of the 7"x7" pie still in the fridge). However, he said that maybe I should not to make it 'too' chocolatey... I said, maybe because we use dark chocolate (which is good rite?), I will maybe reduce the amount of the dark chocolate and mix it with some milk chocolate to balance it.  

Meanwhile, I am browsing for other interesting hands on workshop that Phoon Huat have this coming week and the next, there is this earl grey lavender tea cake that I am interested in joining... any takers?

No comments:

Post a Comment